This recipe calls for Saltverk Seaweed Salt, but feel free to use your favorite local sea salt.
- 1 oz Grilled Pineapple Syrup (see below)
- 1⁄2 oz lemon juice
- 3⁄4 oz grapefruit juice
- 1 oz tequila (100% agave preferred)
- 1⁄2 oz mezcal
- Saltverk Seaweed Salt
For the Grilled Pineapple Syrup:
- 1 pineapple
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup warm water
- To prepare the grilled pineapple syrup, remove the outside of the pineapple and discard. Cut the pineapple into quarters and remove the core from each piece.
- Grill the pineapple pieces over medium-high heat until it has good caramelization (approx 4-5 minutes on each side). When finished, pineapple should have a light char, and should not be black.
- While pineapple cools, put sugar and warm water together in a bowl, then chill to room temperature.
- Once simple syrup is cooled, add it and the grilled pineapple to a blender. Blend until well mixed then strain. Syrup will last for a month refrigerated.
- Salt your cocktail glass to your liking. Add all ingredients to a cocktail mixer and shake. Strain and enjoy!